We’ve got some new posters to share this morning. Briefly:
- After Earth – Jaden Smith has a little Jaden Smith in him in the new international poster for M. Night Shyamalan’s upcoming sci-fi thriller, which also stars Will Smith. The film opens on June 7th.
- Grown Ups 2 – The first poster for this Adam Sandler sequel is appropriately lousy, as the person tasked with creating the one-sheet apparently only just learned Photoshop. The film opens on July 12th.
- Room 237 – The new poster for this documentary about the many theories surrounding Kubrick’s The Shining takes a cue from its subject. The film opens in limited release and VOD on March 29th.
- Tyler Perry’s Temptation – The latest Tyler Perry film takes the rather racy route in its new poster. The film stars Jurnee Smollett-Bell, Vanessa Williams, and Kim Kardashian and opens on March 29th.
- 42 – A few new posters for the upcoming Jackie Robinson biopic play up the film’s romance angle and highlight the pic’s cast. The film stars Chadwick Boseman and Harrison Ford and opens on April 12th.
Hit the jump for the posters and synopses.
Here’s the synopsis for After Earth:
A crash landing leaves teenager Kitai Raige (Jaden Smith) and his legendary father Cypher (Will Smith) stranded on Earth, 1,000 years after cataclysmic events forced humanity’s escape. With Cypher critically injured, Kitai must embark on a perilous journey to signal for help, facing uncharted terrain, evolved animal species that now rule the planet, and an unstoppable alien creature that escaped during the crash. Father and son must learn to work together and trust one another if they want any chance of returning home.
Here’s the synopsis for Room 237:
After the box office failure of Barry Lyndon, Stanley Kubrick decided to embark on a project that might have more commercial appeal. The Shining, Stephen King’s biggest critical and commercial success yet, seemed like a perfect vehicle. After an arduous production, Kubrick’s film received a wide release in the summer of 1980; the reviews were mixed, but the box office, after a slow start, eventually picked up. End of story? Hardly. In the 30 years since the film’s release, a considerable cult of Shining devotees has emerged, fans who claim to have decoded the film’s secret messages addressing everything from the genocide of Native Americans to a range of government conspiracies. Rodney Ascher’s wry and provocative Room 237 fuses fact and fiction through interviews with cultists and scholars, creating a kaleidoscopic deconstruction of Kubrick’s still-controversial classic.
Via IMP Awards.
Here’s the synopsis for Temptation:
An explosive romance about the seductive dangers of the forbidden, TYLER PERRY’S TEMPTATION tells the provocative and sensual story of Judith, an ambitious married woman whose obsessive passion for a handsome billionaire leads to betrayal, danger and a choice that will forever alter the course of her life.
Here’s the synopsis for 42:
Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures are teaming up with director Brian Helgeland for “42,” the powerful story of Jackie Robinson, the legendary baseball player who broke Major League Baseball’s color barrier when he joined the roster of the Brooklyn Dodgers. “42″ will star Academy Award(R) nominee Harrison Ford (“Witness”) as the innovative Dodger’s general manager Branch Rickey, the MLB executive who first signed Robinson to the minors and then helped to bring him up to the show, and Chadwick Boseman (“The Express”) as Robinson, the heroic African American who was the first man to break the color line in the big leagues.