With director James Wan’s Aquaman now playing in North American theaters, I recently sat down with Patrick Wilson to talk about the movie. During the wide-ranging conversation, he talked about how Aquaman is a lot different than the previous DC films, what he did to prepare for fighting Jason Momoa, why he thinks Freddie Mercury from Queen was the best front man, and more. In addition, he also talked about the popularity of The Conjuring movie universe and how he’s getting ready to film The Conjuring 3.
As most of you know, Aquaman charts the origin story of the titular character (Jason Momoa), a man born from a human lighthouse keeper (Temuera Morrison) and a queen of Atlantis (Nicole Kidman) who straddles both worlds. In the film, Momoa’s Arthur Curry must save the surface world when his half-brother Orm (Patrick Wilson) seeks to wage war on the humans and assert Atlantean dominance once and for all. Arthur is aided in his quest by Mera (Amber Heard), a warrior and daughter of King Nereus (Dolph Lundgren) who was raised by Queen Atlanna and groomed to become Queen herself.
Check out what Patrick Wilson had to say in the player above and below is exactly what we talked about followed by some recent links.
- We started off talking about Queen and Freddie Mercury.
- What is it like reading a script and seeing you’ll be fighting Jason Momoa?
How this is a lot different than the previous DC films.
- Did he ever think when he signed on to The Conjuring it would lead to all these sequels and spinoffs?
For more on Aquaman, check out the links below:
- ‘Aquaman’ Sequel Already in Development
- Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer Is All About the Power of the Trident
- ‘Aquaman’ Review: DC Is Better Down Where It’s Wetter
- ‘Aquaman’ Director James Wan on the Scene From the Script That Was Too “Out-There” to Film
- Jason Momoa Reveals What DC Characters He Wants in the ‘Aquaman’ Sequel