When you have (deep breath) Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Elizabeth Olsen, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, and freaking James Spader all together in one movie, the set is no doubt a fun place to be. Indeed, Joss Whedon recently said in a new featurette that he often had trouble corralling everyone long enough to get through takes at times, and now Marvel has released nearly 9 minutes of behind-the-scenes footage so you can see for yourself.
The video offers a glimpse into the herculean process of bringing something as massive as Avengers: Age of Ultron to the screen, and judging by the early reactions, Whedon and Co. delivered a worthwhile sequel to their 2012 effort.
Check out the footage below, via Marvel, followed by links to our recent coverage of the film. Avengers: Age of Ultron opens in theaters on May 1st.
Here’s the official synopsis for Avengers: Age of Ultron:
Marvel Studios presents “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” the epic follow-up to the biggest Super Hero movie of all time. When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to The Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for an epic and unique global adventure.
Peruse the recent links to our Avengers: Age of Ultron coverage below:
- AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON First Reactions Hit the Web
- AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON: 5 More Images Continue to Build Anticipation
- AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Box Office Tracking at $200 Million; Can It Beat AVENGERS?
- AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON: The Vision Finally Gets His Own Character Poster
- AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Will Have a Tag but No Post-Credits Scene
- AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON: Black Widow Is a Boss in New Trailer