The very first clip from Guillermo del Toro’s Crimson Peak has finally arrived. The gothic romance stars Mia Wasikowska as Edith Cushing, a young author from Buffalo, New York who’s whisked off to England when she falls for Tom Hiddleston‘s character, Thomas Sharpe. He shares an enormous house called Allerdale Hall with his sister Lucille (Jessica Chastain) and now Edith must call the secluded, eerie mansion home sweet home, too.
Yahoo! Movies just scored the first clip from the film revealing what happens when Edith moves in and attempts to get off on the right foot with a very standoffish Lucille. The performances are all spot-on and the tension is palpable, but the visuals in this scene are so striking, it’s almost distracting. You can check out the Crimson Peak clip for yourself below. The movie also stars Charlie Hunnam and is due in theaters nationwide on October 16th.
Here is the official synopsis for Crimson Peak:
When her heart is stolen by a seductive stranger, a young woman is swept away to a house atop a mountain of blood-red clay: a place ﬁlled with secrets that will haunt her forever. Between desire and darkness, between mystery and madness, lies the truth behind Crimson Peak.
From the imagination of director Guillermo del Toro comes a supernatural mystery starring Tom Hiddleston, Jessica Chastain, Mia Wasikowska and Charlie Hunnam.
For more on Crimson Peak, check out the recent links below:
- Oscar Beat: Previewing This Year’s Heavy Hitters, Dark Horses, and Unknowns
- CRIMSON PEAK: Go Inside Guillermo del Toro’s Haunted House in New Featurette
- Guillermo Del Toro Talks CRIMSON PEAK, Its Literary Influence, PACIFIC RIM 2, and More
- CRIMSON PEAK Cast Talks about Their Characters, Tumblr, and More at Comic-Con
- Guillermo del Toro Talks CRIMSON PEAK, PACIFIC RIM 2, THE HOBBIT, and More