With director Gavin O’Connor’s The Accountant opening this weekend in theaters everywhere, last week I sat down with Cynthia Addai-Robinson for an exclusive video interview. While fans of Arrow and Spartacus: War of the Damned will recognize her as Amanda Waller and Naevia, for a lot of you, The Accountant will be the first time you see her work. That’s because after paying her dues as a working actor the past decade, she landed a prime role in Warner Bros.’ The Accountant as her first big feature film performance. In the film she works for the Treasury Department’s Crime Enforcement Division and is tasked with figuring out who Ben Affleck’s character is by her boss, played by J.K. Simmons.
During the interview Addai-Robinson talked about the experience of landing her first big movie role, memorable moments from filming, what she learned watching J.K. Simmons, what it was like making Arrow, her upcoming TV show Shooter, and a lot more. Check out the video above and below is a list of what we talked about. You can also watch my interview with Ben Affleck and Gavin O’Connor by clicking here.
- What it’s like booking a big movie after paying her dues for so long?
- How she’s in a Ben Affleck movie but doesn’t have any scenes with him.
- How the film is more than just an action film.
- How long did she know she had the role before she could tell anyone?
- Memorable moments from filming.
- On what she learned watching J.K. Simmons.
- Talks about her upcoming show Shooter.
- How does the show compare to the movie?
- Did she ever get any advice early in her career that she took with her?
- What does she remember most about making Arrow?