If you visited Collider over the weekend, you probably noticed a deluge of content from Disney’s D23 Expo in Anaheim. The convention is essentially Disney’s own version of Comic-Con, where the studio touts upcoming projects and presents a slew of panels covering films both new and old. Friday gave us a peek at upcoming films from Disney Animation Studios and Pixar, but Saturday offered a substantial preview of not only Disney’s own live-action slate, but upcoming films from the Disney-owned Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm.
While photos and video were strictly prohibited from the presentations, Disney has now officially released a slew of images from Saturday’s D23 events. Folks who couldn’t make the trip can now get a much better feel of what it was like to be in the room when Harrison Ford came out to tout Star Wars: The Force Awakens or when Johnny Depp arrived in full costume for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales—or, more importantly, when Johnny Depp in full costume met up with Harrison Ford backstage.
So click here to catch up on all of Collider’s own D23 coverage (including our thoughts on the first footage from a number of upcoming films), peruse the links below for some of the highlights, then get to browsin’ the high-resolution photos from the event below that.
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ D23 Footage Shows a Sequel Building on ‘Winter Soldier’
- ‘Star Wars’: J.J. Abrams Talks Captain Phasma, Colin Trevorrow at D23
- ‘Pete’s Dragon’ & ‘Jungle Book’: Disney’s Live-Action Remakes Blend Melancholy with Cutting-Edge Effects
- ‘Alice Through the Looking Glass’ Footage Begs the Question “Why?”
- ‘Star Wars’: Oscar Isaac and John Boyega Share Their Favorite On-Set Memories