First of all, Deadpool is not a movie for kids, unless you happen to be named Negasonic Teenage Warhead. Secondly, even if you are named Negasonic Teenage Warhead, the age gap between you and the title character may just be too much to overcome. Generational differences, and all that. Still, Ryan Reynolds is at least trying to connect to his young co-star Brianna Hildebrand, as evidenced by this newly released image.
Directed by Tim Miller, Fox’s feature-length Deadpool adaptation stars Reynolds as Wade Wilson, aka the Merc with the Mouth, alongside Hildebrand’s Ellie Phimister, aka Negasonic Teenage Warhead. I’m not sure if this new image has anything to do with the plot of the film – a buddy-antihero road trip, perhaps? – or if it’s just another example of the tone and humor the movie is going for. Either way, it works.
Check out the new Deadpool image below, courtesy of Reynolds’ Twitter:
Deadpool also stars Morena Baccarin as Vanessa Carlysle/Copycat, T.J. Miller as Weasel, Gina Carano as Angel Dust, Ed Skrein as Ajax, and Andre Tricoteux as Piotr Rasputin/Colossus. For more Deadpool coverage, be sure to check out some of our recent articles below:
- ‘Deadpool’: 5 Must-Read Comics for the Merc with a Mouth
- Collider Movie Talk: DEADPOOL Trailer, CG vs. Practical Effects
- DEADPOOL: Director Tim Miller Breaks Down the Trailer, Teases Cable for DEADPOOL 2
- DEADPOOL Trailer Has the Antihero Cracking Jokes, Skulls
- DEADPOOL Red Band Trailer Offers NSFW Look at R-Rated Superhero Film
- DEADPOOL Teaser Trailer Breaks the Fourth Wall to Announce Tomorrow’s Official Trailer
Here’s the official synopsis for Deadpool:
Based upon Marvel Comics’ most unconventional anti-hero, DEADPOOL tells the origin story of former Special Forces operative turned mercenary Wade Wilson, who after being subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers, adopts the alter ego Deadpool. Armed with his new abilities and a dark, twisted sense of humor, Deadpool hunts down the man who nearly destroyed his life.