Last Saturday at the 2016 San Diego Comic-Con, Steve Weintraub got to interview Chiwetel Ejiofor following Marvel’s presentation in Hall H. In Doctor Strange, Ejiofor plays Baron Mordo, the friend and mentor to Benedict Cumberbatch’s eponymous hero. For those who are unfamiliar with Doctor Strange, the plot revolves around a brilliant surgeon whose hands are crippled in car accident, and who goes to learn the mystic arts as a way of recovery and finding new purpose in his life.
It was a lot of fun, actually. It was tough because even though we had like half a year to make it, it definitely felt like we were always pushed. There was a lot of stuff in this movie and a lot of stuff to get done, but it was a great cast. I couldn’t imagine a better cast for this film and if I could cherry pick people I love working with and love watching, it’s all the people in this movie. That was just a great experience for me, so I had a lot of fun.
During their conversation, Ejiofor also talked about what he’s seen from the film and what he can tease about the movie now that more has been revealed. Check out the full interview above.
- What he’s seen from the film.
- What he can tease about the film now that more has been revealed.
- What it was like making this movie.
For more on Doctor Strange click on the links below. The film opens November 4th, and also stars Tilda Swinton, Rachel McAdams, Benedict Wong, and Mads Mikkelsen.
- Everything We Learned About Marvel Studios’ Upcoming Movies & TV Series at Comic-Con 2016
- Go inside Marvel Studios’ Hall H Presentation with over 190 Photos from the Event
- ‘Doctor Strange’ Footage Recap: Marvel Takes Us to a New Plane of Existence
- ‘Doctor Strange’: New Trailer Further Reveals Marvel’s Superhero Head Trip
- Comic-Con 2016: ‘Doctor Strange’ Action Figures Revealed, Plus…Dormammu?