Arriving on Blu-ray and DVD October 9 is Universal’s Werewolf: The Beast Among Us. Directed by Louis Morneau (Joy Ride II, Hitcher II: I’ve Been Waiting) and starring Stephen Rea, Steven Bauer, Ed Quinn, Nia Peeples, Guy Wilson, Adam Croasdell and Rachel DiPillo, Werewolf: The Beast Among Us was filmed on location in Romania and Transylvania last year. The film is set in a 19th century village, where “a young man studying under a local doctor joins a team of hunters on the trail of a wolf-like creature.” With Universal celebrating its 100th Anniversary, Werewolf is the start of a new chapter of horror in their home video department.
Last year when Werewolf was shooting outside Bucharest, I got to visit the set and talk with most of the cast and over the next week I’ll be posting the videos. For today’s interview, I’ve got Ed Quinn (Eureka). We talked about how he got involved in the project, what it’s like filming in Romania, his costume, character, weapon of choice, how he prepared for the role, and a lot more. Hit the jump to watch.
A monstrous creature terrorizes a 19th Century European village by moonlight and a young man struggles to protect his loved ones from an unspeakable scourge in Werewolf: The Beast Among Us, Universal Studios’ all-new addition to its time-honored legacy of classic monsters. During his studies with the local doctor (Rea), Daniel (Wilson) witnesses the horrific consequences of werewolf attacks. Watching as the beast’s fearsome reputation draws bounty hunters, thrill seekers and charlatans to the tiny town, Daniel dreams of destroying the ruthless predator. So when a mysterious stranger (Quinn) and his team of skilled werewolf hunters (Bauer, Croasdell) arrive to pursue the monster, he offers to join them, despite his mother’s (Peeples) protests. But it soon becomes clear that this creature is stronger, smarter and more dangerous than anything they have faced before. As casualties mount and villagers see their neighbors transformed into ravening monsters, the townsfolk take up arms against each other to find the true identity of the werewolf. Amid the hysteria, Daniel begins to suspect he’s closer to his target than he ever dreamed.
Ed Quinn Time Index:
- What’s his go-to karaoke song?
- 1:11 How’d he get involved with the project?
- 1:47 When he was first reading the script, was he wondering when/if his character would transform?
- 2:15 Talks about what it’s like to film in Romania
- 3:23 What are the one or two places he’d recommend visiting in Bucharest?
- 4:46 Talks about his costume for the film and his character
- 5:29 Has his character encountered a werewolf before when we first meet him?
- 5:57 What’s his weapon of choice?
- 6:35 How does he normally go about preparing for a role, and how did he prepare for this one?