Reed Richards (Miles Teller) is key to the success of the Baxter Institute’s initiative to send human beings from one dimension to another, but there’s no way Reed would have been able to get that shuttle in working order without the help of Victor von Doom (Toby Kebbell). In Josh Trank’s Fantastic Four, Victor is a brilliant programmer who accompanies Reed, Johnny Storm (Michael B. Jordan) and Ben Grimm (Jamie Bell) to a dimension they dub Planet Zero. Reed, Johnny and Ben manage to make it back, but Victor doesn’t and the extended time he spends among the realm’s energy makes him especially powerful.
With Fantastic Four hitting theaters nationwide on August 7th, I got the opportunity to sit down with Kebbell to discuss his experience making the film. He broke down his post-transformation costume, talked a little bit about my favorite scene of the entire film (the hallway scene), joked about what Doom could have been up to the entire year he was alone on Planet Zero, attempted to teach me how to do that remove your thumb trick and more. You can check it all out in the video interview below and, in case you missed it, click here to watch Teller, Jordan, Bell and Kate Mara play “Would You Rather.”
- Would he rather do motion capture or a role that requires him to wear a ton of prosthetics?
- Kebbell tries to teach me how to do that remove your thumb trick.
- Kebbell describes what he had to wear on set.
- He discusses the violent hallway scene in the film.
- What was Doom busy doing on Planet Zero for a whole year?
- Kebbell addresses the Victor Domashev name change.
- His brothers are big Fantastic Four fans; have they seen the film?