Welcome back for a brand new episode of our flagship show, Collider Movie Talk! Today Perri Nemiroff is joined by Coy Jandreau and Silas Lesnick to talk about some of the hottest movie news stories of the day.
First on today’s line-up is Walt Disney Company chairman Bob Iger‘s comments about the next Star Wars feature film. While at the MoffetNathanson Media & Communications summit, Iger said that the next Star Wars film to hit the big screen will come from Game of Thrones showrunners, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss. Does that mean Rian Johnson‘s films are on hold? Could Johnson be working with Benioff and Weiss on their idea? And what about the response to Game of Thrones Season 8? Could that impact expectation for their Star Wars film? Perri, Coy and Silas weigh in on all of it.
After that the trio moves into Disney live-action adaptation territory to talk about the new clips from the May 24 release, Aladdin. At this point we have snippets of a couple of major moments in the movie including a clip from Will Smith“Prince Ali”‘s rendition of and also a sampling of Mena Massoud and Naomi Scott as Aladdin and Princess Jasmine in the scene teeing up the song “A Whole New World.” Is it as magical as the 1992 animated original or could this be a major misfire? Catch the panelists thoughts on today’s show!
Tune in for Collider Movie Talk every day, Monday through Friday, at 3pm PT live on the Collider Video YouTube channel!
If you’re looking for even more Star Wars coverage, browse the links below:
- Disney Sets New ‘Star Wars’ Movies for 2022, 2024, and 2026
- Listen: John Williams’ Full Theme for ‘Stars Wars: Galaxy’s Edge’
- Adam’s Ranking of Every ‘Star Wars’ Movie Thus Far
And if you want more on Disney’s Aladdin, here’s the latest:
- ‘Aladdin’ Conjures up a Clip, 2 TV Spots, and a New Poster
- Everything We Learned about ‘Aladdin’ from Insight Editions’ New Art Book
- Exclusive: First Look at the Making of ‘Aladdin’ Revealed by Insight Editions’ New Art Book