With director Rob Letterman’s Goosebumps opening this weekend in theaters, I recently sat down with cast members Dylan Minnette, Ryan Lee and Odeya Rush to discuss the film and play “Save or Kill.” If you haven’t seen it yet, the game reveals which franchises, characters or bands someone would choose when pitted against another of equal value. Han Solo or Indiana Jones – if you were told you could only save one and the other would be erased from existence forever, who would you pick?
If you haven’t seen the trailers or clips, the movie is an adaptation of the beloved R.L. Stine children’s horror books. Jack Black plays a fictionalized version of Stine who finds his quiet suburban life thrown into chaos when his cavalcade of creature creations unexpectedly come to life thanks to a teen neighbor, Zach (Minnette). Along with his daughter (Rush), Stine teams up with Zach to recapture the menagerie of monsters before they destroy their small town. Goosebumps also stars Jillian Bell, Amy Ryan, Halston Sage, and Ken Marino.
While I wasn’t sure what to expect going in, I thought it was it was a great monster movie for kids. At the screening I attended I was surrounded by tons of 7-12 year olds and they were all jumping in their seats and freaking out with their friends. It was fun to watch.
Here’s the cast playing “Save or Kill” and here is Matt’s review.
Here’s other episodes of “Save or Kill”:
- Bill Hader
- The cast of The Overnight (Adam Scott, Taylor Schilling, Judith Godrèche, and Jason Schwartzman)
- Joe Manganiello
- The cast of Terminator Genisys (Jai Courtney, Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke), director Alan Taylor and Skydance’s David Ellison and Dana Golberg
- Guillermo del Toro
- The Ant-Man cast and director Peyton Reed
- Southpaw cast Jake Gyllenhaal, Rachel McAdams and Miguel Gomez
- Hitman: Agent 47 Cast Rupert Friend, Hannah Ware and Zachary Quinto
- Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials cast
- Tom Hiddleston
- Elisabeth Moss
- The cast of 99 Homes (Andrew Garfield, Michael Shannon and Laura Dern)
- The Martian cast (Matt Damon, Sebastian Stan, Jessica Chastain, Michael Pena, Kate Mara, Jeff Daniels, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Sean Bean, Donald Glover, Mackenzie Davis and NASA Astronaut Tracy Caldwell Dyson)