Speculation has been swirling about the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 plot. We’ve been getting brief teases about the film, but today, Marvel has finally released an official synopsis for the highly anticipated sequel. Here’s what it says.
Set to the backdrop of ‘Awesome Mixtape #2,’ Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 continues the team’s adventures as they traverse the outer reaches of the cosmos. The Guardians must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mysteries of Peter Quill’s true parentage. Old foes become new allies and fan-favorite characters from the classic comics will come to our heroes’ aid as the Marvel cinematic universe continues to expand.
Let the speculation begin! So when it comes to “old foes become new allies”, does this mean that the Collector will aid the Guardians? Or could it be Nebula? Possibly Yondu?
It’s also interesting that the question regarding Peter Quill’s father is front and center rather than side-plot in the upcoming film. It will be interesting to see how that factors into arcs for the four other Guardians.
Finally, I’m sure fans of the comics are probably salivating at the prospect of more characters from the pages coming to the big screen, but since I’ve never read the Guardians comics, I’m at loss at predicting who might be making the transition.
Sound off in the comments section about who you think might be appearing in the film, and check out the recently announced synopsis for Doctor Strange here. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 opens May 5, 2017. For more on the film, click on the links below.
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2’: Watch James Gunn Wrap Chris Pratt, Tease Comic-Con Plans
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2’: Is James Gunn Teasing a Thor Cameo? [Update]
- Learn How ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Will Integrate ‘Planet Hulk’; ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ Villain Revealed
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’: Kurt Russell Wraps on His Space-Based Adventure
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2’: Nathan Fillion’s “Wonder”-ful Cameo Seemingly Revealed