Marvel has released two brief teasers featuring Guardians of the Galaxy‘s animated characters, Rocket Raccoon (voiced by Bradley Cooper) and Groot (voiced by Vin Diesel), and now they have teasers for the other three members of the crew. This time, they’re focusing on the live-action characters: Chris Pratt as the roguish Peter Quill (aka “Star-Lord”), the assassin Gamora (Zoe Saldana), and the rampaging Drax the Destroyer (Dave Bautista). I assume these are the end of the character teasers, but it would be nice to see ones for Nebula (Karen Gillan) and The Collector (Benicio Del Toro) since they also made appearances in first trailer.
Hit the jump to check out the teasers. The film also stars Djimon Hounsou, John C. Reilly, Lee Pace, Glenn Close, Michael Rooker, and Peter Serafinowicz. Guardians of the Galaxy opens in 3D on August 1st.
- Click here for the first poster for Guardians of the Galaxy
- Click here for teasers featuring Rocket Raccoon and Groot
- Click here for James Gunn talking Infinity Gems, Adam Warlock, when we’ll hear Rocket speak, the second trailer, and more
- Click here for 12 new images from Guardians of the Galaxy
- Click here to watch the first trailer for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
- Click here for a close up on Karen Gillan as the Villainous Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy
- Click here for 20 screencaps from the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer
Here’s the official synopsis for Guardians of the Galaxy:
From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team – the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed epic space adventure, Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits – Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand – with the galaxy’s fate in the balance. Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” is presented by Marvel Studios. The film releases August 1, 2014, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.