The Los Angeles Times 2014 Hero Complex Film Festival lineup has been announced. There will be a mix of classics films screening such as The Terminator, Terminator 2, Monty Python & the Holy Grail, Alien, Aliens, and Gremlins as well as a 10th anniversary presentation of the 2003 Battlestar Galactica miniseries and an advance screening of How to Train Your Dragon 2. Almost all of these screenings will be accompanied by live Q&As with the films’ creators and stars including James Cameron, Sigourney Weaver, Joe Dante, Ronald D. Moore, Dean DeBlois, Jay Baruchel, America Ferrera, and more. While the advanced screening of How to Train Your Dragon 2 is cool, I’m glad there’s a heavy emphasis on classic sci-fi, fantasy, and horror movies. That being said, I’m sure Cameron will get a bunch of questions of the Avatar sequels.
Tickets will go on sale tomorrow, April 30th, starring at 10am. Hit the jump to check out the press release and to find out how you can get tickets. The 2014 Hero Complex Film Festival will run from May 30 – June 1st.
Hero Complex Film Festival Set to Stun
Jamie Bamber, Jay Baruchel, James Cameron, Joe Dante, Dean DeBlois, America Ferrera, Mary McDonnell,
Ronald D. Moore, Edward James Olmos and Sigourney Weaver
to Join Weekend Celebration of Sci-Fi, Fantasy & Horror
LOS ANGELES – April 29, 2014 – Los Angeles Times’ Hero Complex Film Festival takes off into its fifth year with a phenomenal lineup of genre-defining fan favorites. The screenings and live Q&As with the film’s creators and stars will be hosted by The Times’ Hero Complex editor Gina McIntyre May 30-June 1 at Hollywood’s TCL Chinese Theatres.
Fri. May 30:
- A 10th anniversary big screen presentation of 2003’s “Battlestar Galactica” miniseries and reunion of creator Ronald D. Moore with actors Jamie Bamber, Edward James Olmos, and Mary McDonnell
Sat. May 31:
- Special advance matinee of “How to Train Your Dragon 2” and conversation with writer/director Dean DeBlois and stars Jay Baruchel and America Ferrera
- The beloved horror-comedy “Gremlins” followed by discussion with director Joe Dante
- Oscar winner James Cameron will reflect on the franchise that launched his blockbuster career between screenings of “Terminator” and “Terminator 2: Judgment Day“
Sun. June 1:
- A rare theatrical showing of the legendary “Monty Python & the Holy Grail” (and yes, there will be coconuts)
- Sigourney Weaver will discuss becoming one of the world’s most iconic – and first female – action stars between a double feature of “Alien” and “Aliens“
The Festival is the award-winning Hero Complex’s marquee event and will be presented in association with TNT’s “Falling Skies” and the Hero Initiative. Hero Complex reports on all aspects of superheroic, sci-fi, fantasy and horror entertainment. The site’s influential presence can be felt throughout the fanboy/fangirl universe, from special print editions and appearances at San Diego Comic-Con International, New York Comic-Con and WonderCon, to its popular IMAX Screening Series, which hosts upcoming genre releases throughout the year.