It looks like Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham, the stars of Universal’s upcoming epic action movie Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw, may have simultaneously punched and/or roundhouse kicked the Atlantic Ocean out of existence in order to make the film’s first poster. In it, Johnson’s Hobbs sits upon a hefty hog, which is a far cry from one of my favorite Fast & Furious vehicles ever, the Gurkha. Statham’s Shaw, meanwhile, leans against a sleek sportscar, the color of which was ordered to match his suit, or vice versa. Either way, there sure is some style on display here in this West-meets-Further West teaser poster.
Deadpool 2 director David Leitch directs from a script by Chris Morgan, the franchise’s screenwriting architect since Tokyo Drift. Also starring Vanessa Kirby as Deckard’s sister Hattie and Idris Elba as Brixton, the villain of the piece, Hobbs & Shaw hits theaters on August 2, 2019. Be sure to tune in for the movie’s first trailer, which we’ll have right here for you tomorrow!
Check out the poster below:
Two world’s collide.
Exclusive peep at our new poster for @HobbsAndShaw.
Our WORLDWIDE TRAILER drops TOMORROW.
Get ready for the biggest showdown the FAST & FURIOUS franchise has ever seen. #HobbsAndShaw #Boots2Asses
— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) January 31, 2019
For more of our previous coverage on Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw, take a look at the recent write-ups linked below:
- First ‘Hobbs & Shaw’ Teaser Arrives Ahead of the Full Trailer This Friday
- Dwayne Johnson Confirms He Probably Won’t Be in ‘Fast and Furious 9’
- New ‘Hobbs & Shaw’ Image Reveals Dwayne Johnson’s Intense Island Transformation
- New ‘Hobbs & Shaw’ Image Assembles the Crew of Jacked Dudes
- ‘Hobbs & Shaw’ Gets a New, Longer Official Title
- ‘Hobbs and Shaw’: Dwayne Johnson on Character Chemistry & Idris Elba’s Villain; New Image Revealed