With director Craig Gillespie’s The Finest Hours now playing in theaters, I recently sat down co-star Holliday Grainger who plays Chris Pine’s love interest in the movie. She talked about memorable moments from filming, how the film is old school Hollywood with fantastic modern visual effects, the incredible true story about real life heroes, director Justin Chadwick’s Tulip Fever, and a lot more.
The Finest Hours is based on the Michael J. Tougias and Casey Sherman book of the same name, which tells the true story of Coast Guard Captain Bernie Webber (Chris Pine) and his crew. When a massive nor’easter hits the Eastern seaboard in February 1952, it tears a T-2 oil tanker in half and Webber and his three-man team must set out in a wooden lifeboat in dangerous conditions to rescue the stranded sailors. The film also stars Ben Foster, John Ortiz and Eric Bana,
- She talks about the incredible true story about real life heroes.
- Memorable moments from filming.
- How the film is old school Hollywood with fantastic modern visual effects.
- What have the last few years been like for her?
- Talks about her role in director Justin Chadwick’s ‘Tulip Fever’