With Star Trek Into Darkness opening soon around the world, our partners at Omelete recently sat down with director J.J. Abrams. During the interview, they talked about what Star Trek mean to him, where he thinks Star Trek should go next and what he’s accomplished, and more. In addition, with Abrams preparing to direct the next Star Wars movie, he talked about who shot first, his feelings on the Star Wars prequels, and what’s his favorite Star Wars movie. Hit the jump to watch.
Star Trek Into Darkness stars Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg, Anton Yelchin, John Cho, Bruce Greenwood, Peter Weller, and Alice Eve. The film is now playing in IMAX 3D and in 2D and 3D on May 17th.
WARNING: During the Star Trek portion of the interview a spoiler is discussed. I suggest not watching that portion until you have seen the film.
- What does Star Trek mean to him
- 1:20 – Where does he think Star Trek should go next and what does he think he’s accomplished
- 3:00 – How one of the themes of the film is questioning authority
- 4:20 – Who shot first?
- 4:30 – Does he like the Star Wars prequels?
- 4:45 – Favorite Star Wars movie