Look, you can’t be Tom Cruise, okay? No more than you can beat Tom Cruise. But thanks to a new web game for his upcoming action sequel Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, you can pretend to be Tom Cruise while beating up bad guys as his title character! Just make sure you follow the simple instructions of the game’s title: “Jack Reacher: Never Stop Punching!”
As far as marketing goes, this is one of the better approaches. Posters and trailers and teasers for trailers and teasers for teasers are old news; I just want to punch stuff all day. If that happens to be a tie-in to an upcoming movie, so be it. Director Edward Zwick‘s Jack Reacher: Never
Stop Punching Go Back also stars Cobie Smulders, Robert Knepper, and Aldis Hodge and opens October 21st. Check out the game and more info on the movie below.
— Jack Reacher (@JackReacher) September 20, 2016
Here’s the film’s official synopsis:
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back follows the title character as he returns to Virginia to meet the head of his former unit. But she’s missing, he’s being charged with a crime committed nearly 20 years ago, and he may even have a daughter. Making things right will lead him on a cross-country chase to uncover the truth – and maybe even a family.
For more on Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, take a look at our recent coverage below:
- New ‘Jack Reacher: Never Go Back’ Trailer: Tom Cruise Continues to Beat Everyone Up
- ‘Jack Reacher: Never Go Back’ Trailer Finds Tom Cruise’s Mercenary Saving Cobie Smulders
- ‘Jack Reacher: Never Go Back’ Trailer Finds Tom Cruise Digging into His Past
- ‘Jack Reacher: Never Go Back’ Images Reveal Tom Cruise, Cobie Smulders in NOLA
- ‘Jack Reacher 2′: Official Title Revealed as Production Begins on Tom Cruise Actioner