Jurassic World is a pop culture phenomenon. From executive producer Steven Spielberg and director Colin Trevorrow, the fourth installment in the beloved Jurassic Park franchise has garnered an absolutely insane amount of box office revenue, earning a spot as the third highest grossing movie of all time, and the biggest movie of 2015 so far. And, as you might expect, a sequel is already in the works.
In anticipation of the Jurassic World home video release, I recently joined the cast in Oahu, Hawaii to tour the sets where they filmed many of the movie’s key sequences. While there I spoke with Bryce Dallas Howard about her working with the animatronic dinosaurs, the unexpected backlash to her character’s high heels and why she stands by them, rubbing dino deuce all over herself, why Trevorrow is the right director to take on legacy projects, and how she plans to pitch herself for Star Wars: Episode IX. Watch what she had to say below, and stay tuned for more from the cast.
Bryce Dallas Howard
- Talks about working with the animatronic dinosaur and various approaches to the dinosaur effects.
- Recalls her three most memorable moments from filming.
- Talks about rubbing dinosaur poop all over herself for a deleted scene.
- Addresses the high heels controversy.
- Why is Colin Trevorrow the right director to take on massive franchise sequels like Jurassic World and Star Wars Episode IX.
- Talks about her plans to pitch herself for Star Wars.
Jurassic World is now available on Digital HD, Blu-ray and DVD. Here’s the official synopsis.
The Jurassic World theme park lets guests experience the thrill of witnessing actual dinosaurs, but something ferocious lurks behind the park’s attractions – a genetically modified dinosaur with savage capabilities. When the massive creature escapes, chaos erupts across the island. Now it’s up to Owen (Chris Pratt) and Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) to save the park’s tourists from an all-out prehistoric assault.