Universal has released a new featurette for Jurassic World celebrating director Colin Trevorrow‘s (Safety Not Garunteed) vision for the film. From executive producer Steven Spielberg, the fourth entry in the franchise takes audiences inside a fully operational iteration of John Hammond’s park. The rides are packed and the park is thriving, including the Hammond Creation Lab, the genetic engineering facility that creates a bigger, badder dinosaur for attendees who’ve grown bored of the T-Rex.
Jurassic World opens in 3D on June 12th, and stars Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Nick Robinson, Ty Simpkins, Vincent D’Onofrio, Irrfan Khan, Jake Johnson, Omar Sy and Judy Greer. Featurette via Jurassic Park.
At this point I think Universal is just spinning its promotional wheels until Jurassic World hits theaters. Aside from some new b-roll footage featuring Trevorrow directing the cast, there’s no new footage, and that’s actually totally OK with me. Early word from last weekend’s Paris premiere has been positive, with many saying this is the best Jurassic Park sequel yet, and I’d prefer not to have any more of the film revealed before it arrives in cinemas next week.
Until then, you can catch up on all things Jurassic World here, or check out our latest coverage below:
- Watch: Four JURASSIC WORLD Journals Featuring Chris Pratt Being Chris Pratt
- New JURASSIC WORLD Clip Introduces Chris Pratt: The Raptor Whisperer
- JURASSIC WORLD: New Featurette Welcomes You to the Park with Tons of New Footage
- JURASSIC WORLD on Track for $100 Million+ Opening Weekend
- JURASSIC WORLD Featurette Plays on Your JURASSIC PARK Nostalgia