While it’s unclear which of the micro-universes holds the live-action DC films, but one thing is clear: Whichever one it is, it has Rick & Morty.
As pointed out by Justice League trailer and discovered something interesting during Bruce Wayne’s recruitment of Barry Allen: One of the screens playing in the background when the lights first go on is an episode of the Adult Swim show., one intrepid Twitter user examined the
So, as it would seem, Ezra Miller’s The Flash just got even more likable. Better still, Rick & Morty creators Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland responded to the find on Twitter. See the Easter egg and their reactions below:
This is insane. How?! HOW IS THIS REAL?? https://t.co/4RhFY6i6eA
— Justin Roiland (@JustinRoiland) July 24, 2016
The Justice League trailer already proved the film is such a departure in tone from what we’ve seen in Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. We saw the once brooding Dark Knight crack wise at Aquaman’s fish-literate abilities and making short, to-the-point, but comic one-liners, like, “So, you’re fast.” This reference, though, is a choice Easter egg.
Justice League, directed by Zack Snyder, is scheduled to hit theaters on June 14, 2019. For more of our Comic-Con coverage, check out these links below:
- Watch All 25 Trailers That Debuted During Comic-Con 2016, from ‘Justice League’ to ‘Sherlock’
- DC Teases ‘Justice League’, ‘Wonder Woman’ & the Future of the Extended Universe
- ‘Justice League’: Over 50 Images from the Trailer Offer a Closer Look at the DC Team
- ‘Justice League’: First Trailer Reveals Zack Snyder’s Anticipated DC Epic
- ‘Justice League Action’: Batman, Superman & Wonder Woman Team Up in the First Trailer