A couple weeks ago, LEGO announced they were releasing the Ghostbusters Firehouse. Although we only saw a few external shots, it looked glorious, and certainly worth the $350 price tag when you consider it takes 4,634 pieces to build this beloved movie setting.
Now LEGO has released images of the interior along with close-ups of the nine Minifigs including Peter, Ray, Egon, Winston, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, the library ghost, and a zombie ghost driver. They also released images of the box art, and while there’s no size comparison, you’re definitely going to want to clear some shelf space. With the walls closed, the set measures over 14” (36cm) high, 9” (25cm) wide and 14” (38cm) deep. Open up the set and it measure 18” wide (46cm). Keep in mind that the Firehouse Headquarters can open to fit the LEGO Ideas Ghostbusters Ecto-1, which is currently available to purchase.
Check out the images and list of features below. The set will be available in January 2016.
- Chase the ghosts and secure them in the containment unit.
- Turn the librarian old lady into a scary ghost with the double-sided face and extra wig!
- Run tests on Louis in the lab to see if he’s possessed!
- Suspend ghosts around the building’s exterior with attachable transparent arms.
- Dodge the slime oozing up through cracks in the pavement.
- Accessory elements include an alarm bell, fire extinguisher, computer, phone, toolbox, tools, jars of slimes, magnifying glass, camera, camera rolls, arcade game, toaster with slime, fridge with frozen pizza, milk and cheese, and much more!
- Features opening walls for easy play access.
- Ghostbusters™ minifigures come with decorated arms.