The Monday TV ratings for May 11th are in; here are some of the highlights:
- At 8 p.m., The Voice was up to a 2.4 rating in the key 18-49 demographic, and notched 9.84 million viewers for NBC, winning the hour.
- Dancing with the Stars on ABC, though, is nipping at its ratings heels, with a 2.1 rating and 13.31 million viewers, up from last week’s 1.9 rating.
The first hour of the recently cancelled The Following on Fox dropped down to a 1.0 rating and 3.21 million viewers. Its second hour dropped even more to a 0.9 rating and 3.05 million viewers.
- The season finale of The Originals on the CW held steady with a 0.5 rating and 1.11 million viewers.
- Stalker at 9 p.m on CBS was also steady, and won its timeslot with a 1.3 rating and 6.35 million viewers.
- The season finale of Jane the Virgin on the CW was also even with last week’s numbers: a 0.5 rating and 1.26 million viewers.
- Another hour, another season finale: this time Castle at 10 p.m., which notched a 1.4 rating and 8.68 million viewers (also steady!)
- CBS’s NCIS: Los Angeles was down slightly to a 1.3 rating and 8.07 million viewers, while NBC’s The Night Shift was also down a few ticks to a 1.2 rating and 5.07 million viewers.
- And as a bonus stat: Showtime is reporting that the Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao fight brought in “more than 4.4 million U.S. buys and more than $400 million in domestic pay-per-view revenue alone. With additional revenue from the live gate at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, international television distribution, sponsorships, closed circuit and merchandise sales, the event is expected to generate in excess of $500 million in gross worldwide receipts.” That blows previous records out of the water.