The Monday TV ratings for March 16th are in; here are some of the highlights:
- Continuing the downward trend of the last week, almost everything was sluggish on Monday night. The Voice won the 8 p.m. time slot with a 3.3 rating in the key 18-49 demographic, and 12.21 million viewers (also winning NBC the night among adults), but that’s still down 13 percent from last week.
- The latest season premiere of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars was down 23 percent from last spring’s premiere, and 17 percent down from the fall premiere, making this the series’ lowest rated start. The show pulled a 2.0 rating, but 14.02 million viewers, which helped win ABC the night with total viewers.
- On the CW, The Originals ticked up to a 0.6 and 1.29 million viewers at 8 p.m. (a 20 percent jump), but Jane the Virgin at 9 p.m. matched its series low of 0.4 and 1.07 million viewers, a 20 percent drop from last week.
- At 9 p.m. on Fox, The Following continued to drag to another series low, with a 1.1 rating and 3.51 million viewers, coming in second in that hour to a rerun of Scorpion on CBS (1.3 and 6.44 million viewers).
- At 10 p.m., ABC’s Castle was down 6 percent to a 1.5 rating and 9.07 million viewers, while The Night Shift saw a 15 percent bump to 1.5 and 5.74 million viewers.