The Monday TV ratings for April 6th are in; here are some of the highlights:
- Though sports numbers are always tentative, it looks like CBS’s broadcast of the NCAA Championship Game was a big win for the network. The competitive matchup between Duke and Wisconsin drew a 7.2 rating in the key 18-49 demographic, and 22.6 million viewers at 9 p.m., easily winning CBS the night in all categories.
- Back at 8 p.m., NBC’s The Voice pulled a 2.9 rating and 10.7 million viewers, down three tenths from last week.
- ABC’s Dancing with the Stars notched a 2.0 rating, but a healthy 13.5 million viewers, though there wasn’t competition in the hour, thanks to reruns of Mike & Molly on CBS and Gotham on Fox.
- A new episode of The Originals on the CW pulled a 0.5 rating and 1.11 million viewers, matching its series low.
- A similar story was true for Jane the Virgin at 9 p.m., which was also down to its series low 0.4 and 0.93 million viewers (in my coverage of TV ratings I actually don’t think I’ve seen the viewer number for anything drop below 1 million).
- Fox’s The Following at 9 p.m. came in second for the hour, but still found a new series low in a 0.9 rating and 2.88 million viewers (falling below what is commonly known now as “The Mulaney Line”).
- At 10 p.m., NBC’s The Night Shift was up 2 tenths from last week to a 1.4 rating and 5.71 million viewers.