WARNING: This interview contains spoilers for Outlander season 1 and also includes a tease of what’s to come in season 2! If you have not seen up to episode 13, “The Watch,” you might want to skip this for now.
Things just don’t get any easier for poor Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan). After being viciously whipped by Randall (Tobias Menzies) and risking his life to save Claire (Caitriona Balfe) time and time again, Jamie finally gets the opportunity to catch his breath and settle down in Lallybroch, but soon thereafter, he’s captured by the Red Coats.
While Heughan was busy promoting the Outlander mid-season premiere back in April, I got the opportunity to talk to him about a particular event that will change Jamie’s life for a long time to come, what it’s like having his prothetic scars applied, the part of his costume he enjoys wearing most and much more. You can catch it all in the video interview below. Outlander airs on Starz on Saturday at 9pm.
- 00:04 – If we did the whole interview using movie quotes …
- 00:15 – What’s to come in the second half of the season.
- 00:50 – What he’s most excited for fans to see.
- 01:19 – On the introduction of Jamie’s sister, Jenny (Laura Donnelly).
- 01:50 – Moving from location to location; how each episode has a different twist.
- 02:34 – On the nudity in the show.
- 03:04 – The part of his costume he enjoys wearing most.
- 03:47 – Does he ever find himself doing or saying things that are 18th century-appropriate in real life?
- 04:25 – What it’s like having the scars put on his back.
- 05:22 – What’s to come in Outlander season 2.
- 06:03 – The big reveal for Jamie that’s coming in the final episode of the season.