Just like with Season 1, it only took one episode of Season 2 to earn Power a third season. The show centers on Omari Hardwick’s Ghost, a big time New York drug dealer who opens up a nightclub called Truth to clean the money. Soon after the first episode of the second season broke records and pulled in 1.43 million viewers with its 9pm broadcast, Starz pulled the trigger on Season 3, and series creator and executive producer Courtney Kemp Agboh is definitely ready for the opportunity.
While promoting the start of Season 2, Agboh told me why she needed to have a sense of where the story is going for five seasons and teased a bunch of curious details about what’s to come this season including the addition of a pet, the possibility of a Ghost and Tommy (Joseph Sikora) flashback, and more. You can catch it all in the video interview below. Power airs on Starz on Saturday at 9pm.
Courtney Kemp Agboh:
- Answering big Season 1 questions in Season 2.
- If Agboh had to open her own cover-up business, what would she choose?
- On the possibility of a Ghost and Tommy flashback.
- Why she needed to know where the story is going through Season 5 when she first pitched the show.
- Why she settled on the name Truth for Ghost’s nightclub.
- You don’t need to agree with characters’ decisions, but you need to understand why they make them.
- What to expect from the Power pet.
- On bringing the show to Miami.
- On the similarity between Ghost and Tommy’s full names.