On Saturday night I attended the Scream Awards and managed to interview a bunch of people on the red carpet. Over the last two days I’ve posted a number of interviews, and by tomorrow night I’ll have the rest online. While I’d love to have posted all of them already…I figured it would be better to spread them out.
Anyway, the interview below is with the producer Charles Roven.
While most of you won’t know who Charles is…as one of the producers of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, he’s the kind of person who knows when another Batman movie might get made.
But even though I tried as hard as I could to get any sort of answer, Charles proved as adept as a politician in the wayhe avoided answering with anything solid. But it’s worth watching just to see the way I try and frame the questions…
And if you were a fan of Get Smart, he says they’re going to try and make a sequel.
· What’s up with Get Smart 2: Get Smarter (not the actual title…I made it up)
· I ask how much does the studio want to make it
· Dark Knight sequel talk
· I ask if he’s actually talked with Chris about making another one
· I ask is there a date that Chris Nolan would have to decide if he wants to make another one or will he and the studio wait for him
· Seann William Scott then shows up
· The International talk
· Season of the Witch talk – says he starts to shoot in 2 weeks with Nicolas Cage and Ron Perlman — the movie takes place during the plague and says it’s a cross between a horror film and a thriller. Nicolas Cage plays a knight who has lost his faith. He gives a pretty detailed synopsis.