A couple of high profile new shows made their television premieres on Wednesday night. Here’s a brief rundown of the highlights:
- The CW’s new superhero series Arrow premiered strong (for The CW, that is) with a 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demo and 4 million viewers. That’s a very solid debut for the network, so it’ll be interesting to see how much of that audience holds next week.
- ABC’s high-profile debut Nashville got off to a solid yet slightly disappointing start. Given the pilot’s rave reviews and overall buzzworthiness expectations may have been a tad too high, but the episode scored a 2.8 rating in the demo and 9 million viewers.
- Not breaking any records was the series premiere of NBC’s new drama series Chicago Fire. The episode netted a 1.9 demo rating and 6.4 million viewers.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report for Wednesday, October 10th, including Modern Family, Supernatural, CSI, Criminal Minds, The Middle, The Neighbors, and more.
- The new comedy series Animal Practice garnered a 1.1 rating and 3.9 million viewers, down from last week’s 1.3 rating.
- NBC’s other new comedy of the night, Guys with Kids, was also down, garnering a 1.4 rating and 4.2 million viewers.
- Also down on NBC was Law and Order: SVU, which scored a 1.8 rating and 6.2 million viewers, down from last week’s 2.1 premiere rating.
- The series premiere of Chicago Fire didn’t exactly make waves, as the show debuted to a 1.9 rating and 6.4 million viewers.
- ABC’s comedy The Middle had a good night, as the episode garnered a 2.4 rating and 7.8 million viewers, up from last week’s 2.2 demo rating.
- New series The Neighbors was even with last week’s 1.9 rating, scoring 6.3 million viewers.
- Back-to-back episodes of Modern Family unsurprisingly fared well, garnering a 4.7 and 4.9 rating, respectively. That’s down from the previous episode’s incredibly high 5.5 rating, but 12 million viewers for each ep is nothing to scoff at.
- All eyes were on the much-touted new series Nashville, and the show enjoyed a fairly solid debut. The promising Connie Britton-led series earned a 2.8 rating and 9 million viewers, but one imagines the music-geared series will likely pick up even more viewers as the weeks progress.
- This week’s episode of Criminal Minds was down slightly, earning a 3.0 rating and 11.4 million viewers. That’s down one-tenth from last week’s rating, hitting a new series low for the fall.
- CSI was up slightly from last week’s episode, garnering a 2.6 rating and a hefty 10.6 million viewers.
- The CW scored big with new superhero series Arrow, as the premiere episode netted a 1.1 demo rating and 4 million viewers. Those are big numbers for the teen-centered network, so expect Arrow to stick around for a little while longer.
- This week’s episode of Supernatural enjoyed a bump thanks to its post-Arrow timeslot, scoring a 1.0 rating and 2.6 million viewers.