On the heels of yesterday’s order of Genndy Tartakovsky‘s bloody new animated series Primal, Adult Swim has revealed the Season 4 release date of mega-hit show Rick and Morty. The new season will add somewhere around 10 new episodes to the 31 already in existence when it arrives this November. That’ll put the show over the halfway point for the total of 70 episodes (so far) ordered by Adult Swim, so there’s plenty more sci-fi hijinks in store for the future of Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland‘s phenomenon. Stay tuned for more information as to the exact air date, which we’ll happily share with you once we have it.
Adult Swim also has some other new projects in the works, like the Harvey Birdman spinoff Birdgirl, starring Paget Brewster, a Blade Runner anime series nested between the two feature films’ timelines, and Three Busy Debras, a live-action comedy with Amy Poehler set as an executive producer. These newcomers join returning titles like Robot Chicken, Tigtone, Hot Streets, Joe Pera Talks With You and more.
Here’s how the announcement was made, courtesy of WarnerMedia’s upfronts:
— Rick and Morty (@RickandMorty) May 15, 2019
And here are the title characters themselves making the same-ish announcement, in their signature style:
— [adult swim] (@adultswim) May 15, 2019
For much more on Rick and Morty, be sure to visit these recent, relevant, and related articles at the links provided below:
- ‘Rick and Morty: The Complete Seasons 1-3’ Is the Squanchiest DVD Set Around
- Watch: New ‘Rick and Morty’ Promo Is as ‘Rick and Morty’ as You Expected It to Be
- ‘Rick and Morty’ Composer Ryan Elder on Get Schwifty, Human Music, and the Soundtrack Release
- ‘Rick and Morty’ Episodes Ranked from Worst to Best
- Dan Harmon Apologizes for Distasteful 2009 Video, Will Remain on ‘Rick and Morty’
How excited are you for the return of Rick and Morty? Be sure to let us know your thoughts and feelings in the comments below!