Now playing in limited release and available OnDemand is director Kyle Newman’s (Fanboys) Barely Lethal. The film stars Hailee Steinfeld as a teenage assassin who’s a master of lethal techniques, but doesn’t quite want to live the life of a killer. She decides to fake her death and try being a normal high school student, but she can’t escape her training or old foes. The movie also stars Samuel L. Jackson, Jessica Alba, Sophie Turner, Thomas Mann, Gabriel Basso, and Dove Cameron. For more on the film, watch the trailer.
Last week at the Los Angeles press day I landed an exclusive video interview with Sophie Turner and Hailee Steinfeld. During the wide ranging conversation they talked about making Barely Lethal, favorite high school films, can’t miss TV shows, childhood crushes, the success of Pitch Perfect 2 (and the possibility of a third movie), Turner’s experiences making X-Men: Apocalypse, and a lot more.
And if you missed Steinfeld and Turner playing “Save or Kill”, click here to watch.
Hailee Steinfeld and Sophie Turner:
:09 – What is their most memorable moment from filming? The cast had a scary movie marathon that freaked them all out.
- 1:44 – Talk about how scary The Conjuring is.
- 2:09 – Do they have favorite high school films? Talk about the high school movie genre and how it’s referenced in Barely Lethal.
- 3:45 – Did they do their research and watch the high school films they hadn’t seen before filming?
- 4:40 – What was the movie or show that made them want to be a part of the entertainment industry?
- 5:35 – Who was their childhood celebrity crush or obsession?
- 6:18 – What is their can’t-miss TV show?
- 6:42 – Have they “borrowed” anything from the set of any of their projects?
- 8:38 – What has the success of Pitch Perfect 2 been like for Hailee?
- 9:21 – Has she asked Elizabeth Banks about the possibility of Pitch Perfect 3?
- 10:04 – What was Sophie’s experience like on the set of X-Men: Apocalypse?
- 11:15 – What was her reaction the first time she read the script?