Our look back at the original trilogy concludes with Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. The movie kicks off with a rescue that goes on for longer than I remembered, and then splinters with the rebellion trying to finish off the Empire and Luke finally confronting Vader and the Emperor. The movie does not hold up well on repeat viewings, and in retrospect feels like a warning about what to expect from the prequels, although there are some bright moments, especially in the relationship between Luke and Vader.
If you don’t have a spare two hours to watch Return of the Jedi, don’t have it on hand, refused to watch the Special Editions on principle, or need a brief refresher on everything that happened, then this video recap has you covered.
Watch our recap of Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi in under five minutes below:
Be sure to check out our other Star Wars video recaps here:
- Everything You Need to Know about “Star Wars: Episode I” in under 3 Minutes
- Everything You Need to Know about ‘Star Wars: Episode II’ in under 3 Minutes
- Everything You Need to Know about ‘Star Wars: Episode III’ in under 3 Minutes
- Everything You Need to Know about ‘Star Wars: Episode IV’ in under 3 Minutes
- Everything You Need to Know about ‘Star Wars: Episode V’ in 4 Minutes
Here’s the official synopsis for Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back:
In the epic conclusion of the saga, the Empire prepares to crush the Rebellion with a more powerful Death Star while the Rebel fleet mounts a massive attack on the space station. Luke Skywalker confronts his father Darth Vader in a final climactic duel before the evil Emperor. In the last second, Vader makes a momentous choice: he destroys the Emperor and saves his son. The Empire is finally defeated, the Sith are destroyed, and Anakin Skywalker is thus redeemed. At long last, freedom is restored to the galaxy.