Star Wars stole the show at yesterday’s D23 live-action presentation, revealing iconic Star Wars artist Drew Struzan’s new poster, debuting the first image from Rogue One, and confirming Colin Trevorrow for Episode IX, and bringing out Harrison Ford alongside The Force Awakens new cast members John Boyega, Lupita Nyong’o, Daisy Ridley and Oscar Issac.
Meanwhile, on the convention floor, fans had an opportunity to see some of the intricate new costumes first-hand with Finn (Boyega), Rey (Ridley), and Captain Phasma’s (Gwendoline Christie) on display next to everyone’s favorite new droid BB-8, and few of The First Order’s Storm Troopers. While I was there, I snapped a few images to share with you guys. We previously brought you some costume images from Star Wars Celebration (which includes Kylo Ren), but this is the first time fans got to inspect Captain Phasma’s visually stunning armor up close. Check it out for yourself below.
All images via Haleigh Foutch.
You can catch up with all things D23 here, or peruse our latest Star Wars coverage below.
- Over 40 Images from D23 Panels for ‘Star Wars’, Marvel, and More
- Disney Announces Star Tours Addition and Star Wars Seasonal Events at Theme Parks
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ — Current Runtime Revealed
- Disney Announces Massive ‘Star Wars’ Theme Park Lands for Orlando and Anaheim
- ‘Star Wars Anthology’: Kathleen Kennedy Reveals Age for Young Han Solo