While we don’t know how much Star Wars: The Force Awakens will make in its opening weekend, I also can’t fathom how much Disney is spending to market the film, a film that plenty of people would have bough tickets to see even if they hadn’t seen a single ad. But these ads aren’t for those people, and the studio has now released a new The Force Awakens featurette and a new international TV spot.
The featurette focuses on Daisy Ridley’s character, Rey, who is ostensibly the lead character of the film. It’s odd to think that so much rests on her shoulders externally to the movie, but I really hope that J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan wrote a strong character, because if this film is a success and people like her, then it continues to open the door for other blockbusters to have female leads.
As for the international TV spot, Oscar Isaac, who was born in Guatemala and raised in Miami, gets to use his Spanish-language skills to promote the film.
Check out the Star Wars: The Force Awakens featurette and international TV spot below. The film also stars John Boyega, Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Lupita Nyong’o, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Max Von Sydow. It will be released in U.S. theaters on December 18th.
For more of our Star Wars coverage, peruse the recent links below:
- Will ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Have an End-Credits Scene?
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’: New Poster Highlights Oscar Isaac’s Poe Dameron
- New ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Featurette Focuses on Legacy
- ‘Star Wars’ Looking for Female Directors and Writers
- This ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Character Will Be Back for ‘Episode VIII’