Speculation has run rampant about the true nature of the characters involved in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, most specifically which ones may be the offspring of Han/Leia or Luke Skywalker. Even George Lucas asked J.J. Abrams what happened to Darth Vader’s grandkids when given the chance, so there’s some expectation that one or more of the new characters in The Force Awakens has a blood link to the original trilogy.
But while we won’t know for sure until next week, we do know of at least one actual blood connection behind the camera that manifests in The Force Awakens. Actress Carrie Fisher’s daughter Billie Lourd appears in the Star Wars sequel as a “top secret character”, and now the first image of Lourd in costume has arrive online. Judging by the photo, Lourd most likely plays a relatively minor figure on the side of the Resistance, but it’s still neat to see Fisher’s true offspring sporting a familiar hairdo, flanked by a great-looking new droid character. Speaking of whom, anyone else getting a Fifth Element vibe from that robot?
Anyway, check out the photos below and begin your speculation as to how Lourd fits into the new Star Wars saga. Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens in theaters everywhere on December 18th.
For more on Star Wars: The Force Awakens, peruse our recent coverage in the links below:
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’: The Millennium Falcon Gets an Upgrade
- George Lucas Gives His Opinion on ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’: 38 Things to Know About the Year’s Biggest Film
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Featurette Celebrates Rey; Plus New International TV Spot
- Will ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Have an End-Credits Scene?
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’: New Poster Highlights Oscar Isaac’s Poe Dameron