The countdown is on for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. We’re almost in single digit days, people. But, that proximity to its debut doesn’t mean there isn’t time to still release more material (although this new featurette is mostly behind-the-scenes and not a new trailer). Still, we actually get to see a little more of Oscar Isaac, who rarely features in the movie’s marketing materials, as well as a few snippets from Mark Hamill, who has also been largely absent (and we still haven’t seen Luke specifically at all besides, presumably, a hand). Daisy Ridley and John Boyega also talk about what the franchise means to them, and how surreal it’s been to realize their now part of the Star Wars family.
The new featurette debuted at Comic Con Brazil, during a panel hosted by producer Bryan Burk. It plays up the movie’s legacy aspect, and actually really reminds me of the spoof trailer that Tina Fey and Amy Poehler came out with earlier this week (since their film, Sisters, also debuts on the 18th). Check out the new featurette below:
Star Wars: The Force Awakens also stars Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Lupita Nyong’o, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Max Von Sydow. It will be released in U.S. theaters on December 18th.
For more of our Star Wars coverage, peruse the recent links below:
- ‘Star Wars’ Looking for Female Directors and Writers
- This ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Character Will Be Back for ‘Episode VIII’
- Lawrence Kasdan Talks ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’ and Beyond, Young Han Solo Movie
- Watch Mark Hamill Hit the Streets as an Undercover Stormtrooper
- New ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Images Tease Kylo Ren’s Obsession