The good folks over at Cinefix have released a sweded version of the second Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer. For those who don’t know what “sweded” means, the term comes from Michel Gondry’s movie Be Kind, Rewind, which is about a couple of guys who find clever ways to recreate classic films after all of the tapes are accidentally erased. It’s now come to mean fan films that eschew any visual effects and try to be as lo-tech as possible when imitating films.
This Cinefix version of the Force Awakens trailer is impressive, and while I’m sure there are some who are bummed that this is for the trailer released back in April rather than the one from a couple weeks ago, keep in mind that this isn’t a cheap or easy affair. I’m curious to see if they’ll attempt the final trailer, and if so, if they can knock it out before The Force Awakens opens on December 18th.
Check out the Star Wars: The Force Awakens sweded trailer below.
And if you want to learn more about how they made the sweded trailer (and pick up some tips on how you can tackle this kind of homemade project), check out this video:
For more on Star Wars: The Force Awakens, click on the links below:
- Carrie Fisher’s ‘Star Wars’ Advice to Daisy Ridley: “Don’t Be a Slave Like I Was”
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Gwendoline Christie on Playing the Series’ First Female Villain
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’: 8 Hi-Res Images Are Perfect for Your Desktop
- Watch George Lucas and More Celebs Grill J.J. Abrams on ’Star Wars: The Force Awakens’
- Watch Stephen Colbert Predict the Entire Plot of ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Audio Works Perfectly with ‘Batman v Superman’ Trailer