Another day passes, another glimpse at some fleeting footage from J.J. Abrams‘ anticipated Star Wars: The Force Awakens comes in. For today’s dose of all things Star Wars, we’ve got a brand new TV spot that features quite a lot of the same brief glimpses at Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), Daisy Ridley‘s Rey, John Boyega‘s Finn, BB-8, and, of course, Harrison Ford‘s Han Solo, as well as Chewbacca and quite a lot of explosions, as we’ve already become familiar with. To be fair, there’s a few new images, such as Rey witnessing the destruction of a small kingdom in the woods, as well as a quick new look at Rey helping to pilot the Millenium Falcon, but these will only be easily recognizable to those of you who, like me, have been watching every single video that’s come out about Star Wars 7 thus far. Check out the new TV spot for The Force Awakens below:
Though I’d like to believe that Disney will cease with this onslaught at some point soon, I’m not exactly holding my breath that this will be the case. There will almost certainly be one or two more of these TV spots before the film is actually released on December 18th in theaters nationwide, and, mind you, that’s an extremely conservative estimate, not accounting for releases of stills, soundtrack snippets, merchandising, and lord knows what else at this point.
Now, don’t get me wrong, the movie still looks great and I’m still excited for what Abrams could do with this franchise, especially considering the tremendous good he did for Star Trek, and yes, I’m including Into Darkness when I say that. It’s just becoming a bit of a matter of saturation at this point, where I feel there’s not much more else to tease without giving away the plot of the film or, more importantly, making the populace’s attitude toward the film itself shift into sheer annoyance.
For more on Star Wars: The Force Awakens, peruse our recent links below:
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ IMAX Poster Stares into Jakku’s Sun
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’: J.J. Abrams and Mark Hamill on the Skywalker You’re Looking For
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’: Andy Serkis’ Villainous Character Details Unveiled
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Doesn’t Need Your Silly Awards Race
- Early ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Box Office Tracking Already Looking at Record-Shattering Weekend
- J.J. Abrams Makes the Best Case Yet for J.J. Abrams Directing ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’