Welcome to The Witching Hour! Collider’s horror podcast, co-created and co-hosted by Horror Editor Haleigh Foutch and Senior Editorial Producer Perri Nemiroff. Last week, we took a dive into The Meg and the shark movie subgenre before taking on the Slender Man debacle, but this week, it’s all about Stephen King.
With Castle Rock rolling through a critically-celebrated first season on Hulu and Mr. Mercedes returning to ATT Audience Network this week, we share our thoughts on the King-inspired TV shows, including some Castle Rock spoiler talk. From there, it’s all about the best and worst King adaptations, our personal favorites and a lively conversation about whether the prolific author is better suited to film or TV.
Listen to the latest episode of The Collider Podcast below and click here to find us on iTunes. To stay up to date on all things Witching Hour, you can also follow us on Twitter at @HaleighFoutch and @PNemiroff or on Instagram at @HaystackMcGroovy and @pnemiroff, and keep up with the #ColliderWitchingHour hashtag.
For more on some of the topics discussed in the podcast, check out the links below. Head over to the Collider Factory for more podcasts, and stay tuned next week for more of The Witching Hour.
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Review: Brendan Gleeson Does Stephen King Proud in Pulpy Detective Drama
- ‘Castle Rock’: An Episodic Guide to the Hulu Series’ Stephen King Easter Eggs
- ‘Castle Rock’ Renewed for Season 2 at Hulu; Cast Likely to Change
- Bill Skarsgard on ‘Castle Rock’ and ‘It Chapter Two’
- Top 10 Stephen King Movies, Ranked