The first official trailer for writer/director David Ayer’s superhero film Suicide Squad landed tonight, revealing the ambitious Warner Bros. movie in all its glory. Based on the comic of the same name, the film revolves around a team of DC Comics villains who are commissioned by the government to carry out an incredibly dangerous mission as they fight a mysterious foe. The team includes Deadshot (Will Smith), Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), Boomerang (Jai Courtney), Killer Croc (Adewale Akinnouye-Agbaje), Rick Flag (Joel Kinnaman), Diablo (Jay Hernandez), Katana (Karen Fukuhara), and Slipknot (Adam Beach), with Viola Davis as their government overseer Amanda Waller. Also involved are Cara Delevigne as Enchantress, and of course Jared Leto offering a brand new incarnation of the classic villain The Joker.
As the trailer offered new glimpses at the highly anticipated film, we grabbed some screenshots of the biggest moments to further enjoy. So peruse the gallery below. Suicide Squad opens in theaters on August 5th.
Catch up with our latest Wonder Woman/Suicide Squad coverage in the links below.
- First Look at Cyborg and The Flash in ‘The Dawn of the Justice League’ Concept Art
- ‘Suicide Squad’: Jared Leto’s Ambitious Joker Performance Teased by David Ayer, Zack Snyder
- ‘Wonder Woman’: Official Logo Revealed
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Casts ‘Gladiator’ Star as the Superhero’s Mother
- ‘Wonder Woman’: Chris Pine Confirms World War I Setting
- ‘Suicide Squad’: The Gang’s All Here in The Latest Teaser Poster