We’re over a month away from the debut of CBS’ superhero series Supergirl, but by then the television landscape will be littered with caped crime-fighters. With that in mind, CBS has released a new trailer featuring title star Melissa Benoist showing off her flowing cape and superpowers while revealing some of the first season’s supervillains. By definition, it’s a bit spoilery since most of the world has yet to even see the pilot let alone these scenes from the rest of the season, so if that bothers you then you should stop reading now.
On display in this trailer are Supergirl’s flying ability, heat-vision, and super breath, in addition to her super-strength. Also included in this look at upcoming episodes of Supergirl are new scenes with Peter Facinelli’s character Maxwell Lord, plus Winn Schott (Jeremy Jordan) and James Olsen (Mehcad Brooks) buddying up. If you blink, you might miss new shots of Reactron (Chris Browning), Vartox (Owain Yeoman), and the visually disturbing Hellgrammite (Justice Leak). Supergirl certainly is not shying away from the character’s comic book roots, but it remains to be seen if the CBS audience will form the same kind of fandoms that Arrow, The Flash, Gotham, Constantine, and Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. have so far.
Take a look at the never-before-seen clips in the new Supergirl promo below:
Hat tip to CBM for helping to break down all the comic book craziness in this promo. And for more on Supergirl, take a look at our recent coverage via the following links:
- ‘Supergirl’: First Image of Red Tornado Revealed
- TV Premiere Dates 2015-2016: Here’s When Your Favorite Shows Are Returning
- ‘Supergirl’: Watch Melissa Benoist, Greg Berlanti, and More Discuss Kara’s Origins
- New York Comic Con 2015: ‘Supergirl’ Pilot, New Bugs Bunny Cartoon & More from WB TV
- Watch: ‘Supergirl’ Cast and Creators Tease TV’s Newest Superhero
- New ‘Supergirl’ Trailer Pits Kara Zor-El Against an Alien Enemy
Supergirl debuts on CBS Monday, October 26th.