With SXSW 2018 getting ready to begin later this week, I’m happy to announce Collider is partnering up with LA-based special events group A-List Communications and sponsor Foster Grant Sunglasses to bring an exclusive “Supper Suite” pop-up to Austin during the first weekend of the sprawling film, music and interactive festival in Austin, Texas.
For three days from March 9-11, 2018, The “Supper Suite” will take over Austin lounge Basecamp, located at 120 West. 5th Street and host cast cocktail receptions for six official SXSW film selections: American Animals, Support the Girls, Sadie, Outside In, The Unicorn, and You Can Choose Your Own Family.
Since these are private parties, we’re going to take plenty of pictures and you can look forward to recaps of each event on Collider starting this weekend. Films and stars to be covered include:
- AMERICAN ANIMALS Pre-screening reception with cast, including Evan Peters (American Horror Story), Ann Dowd (The Handmaid’s Tale), Berry Keoghan (DUNKIRK), Udo Kier (DOWNSIZING), Blake Jenner (THE EDGE OF SEVENTEEN) and more.
- SUPPORT THE GIRLS Post-screening after-party with cast, including Regina Hall (GIRLS TRIP), Brooklyn Decker (GRACE & FRANKIE, JUST GO WITH IT), Jana Kramer (COUNTRY CRUSH, PROM NIGHT), AJ Michalka (Aly and AJ series), Haley Lu Richardson (EDGE OF SEVENTEEN), and Dylan Gelula (FIRST GIRL I LOVED). Director Andrew Bujulski will also be in attendance.
- SADIE and OUTSIDE IN cocktail party with cast, including Melanie Lynskey (Togetherness), Sophia Mitri Schloss (LANE 1974), John Gallagher Jr. (10 CLOVERFIELD LANE), Danielle Brooks (Orange Is the New Black), Tony Hale (Veep; Arrested Development), Keith Williams, and Tee Dennard (AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN), Jay Duplass (Transparent), Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie), director Lynn Shelton (OUTSIDE IN), director Megan Griffiths (SADIE), Sophie Thatcher (THE EXORCIST), and Pedro Pascal (Game of Thrones).
- THE UNICORN cocktail party with cast, including Lucy Hale (Pretty Little Liars), Lauren Lapkus (JURASSIC WORLD), Nick Rutherford (THE HUNGER GAMES), Dree Hemingway (THE DISASTER ARTIST), Maya Kazan (FRANCES HA), Darrell Britt-Gibson (KEANU) and director Robert Schwartzman (THE PRINCESS DIARIES).
- YOU CAN CHOOSE YOUR FAMILY cocktail party with cast, including Jim Gaffigan (CHUCK), Logan Miller (SCOUTS GUIDE TO THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE), Anna Gunn (Breaking Bad), Samantha Mathis (AMERICAN PSYCHO), and Danielle Campbell (Prison Break), as well as producers Brian Grazer (A BEAUTIFUL MIND) and Ron Howard (Arrested Development).
At each film soiree, Foster Grant, the eyewear giant credited with selling the very first pair of sunglasses on the Atlantic City Boardwalk nearly 90 years ago, will activate onsite gifting talent and VIP guests with the latest in their collection. Foster Grant blends trend-right, fashion-forward style with function and affordability, selling more pairs than any other brand in the US. As such guests will have opportunity to try on products at the Foster Grant Photo Booth onsite and use social media to promote “who’s behind those Foster Grants?”
Additionally, guests will be able to enjoy fine food and beer and wine by Blue Moon Belgian White and Line 39 Pinot Noir, Day Owl Rose and Harken Chardonnay as well as cocktails by Revolucion Tequila.
“A-List Communications strives to bring new and unique offerings to each film festival and the attending media and VIP clientele during the Festival, and we are excited for our first festival partnership with Foster Grant Sunglasses where guests and fans can find out ‘who’s that behind those Foster Grants'”, explains David Manning, Executive Producer, A-List Communications.