Leonardo DiCaprio wrestled a bear once in previously released footage for Alejandro González Iñárritu’s The Revenant, but the first clip from the film picks up soon after that fateful encounter. It’s clear that DiCaprio’s early 19th-century frontiersman Hugh Glass got the better of that exchange, but that doesn’t mean he’s able to rest easy in the wilderness. In this clip, which is heavy on action and devoid of any dialogue besides war cries and heavy breathing, Glass is on the run from a different foe entirely.
Though it will enjoy a limited release on Christmas Day, The Revenant will expand into more theaters starting January 8th. Audiences will then be able to see DiCaprio square off against Tom Hardy’s John Fitzgerald, a man who deserted Glass and left him for dead. The Revenant also stars Domnhall Gleeson and Will Poulter.
Watch the first clip for The Revenant below:
Check out the official synopsis for The Revenant below:
Deep in the uncharted American wilderness, hunter Hugh Glass (Leonardo DiCaprio) is severely injured and left for dead by a traitorous member of his team, John Fitzgerald (Tom Hardy). With sheer will as his only weapon, Glass must navigate a hostile environment, a brutal winter, and warring Native American tribes in relentless quest to survive and exact vengeance on Fitzgerald.
For more on The Revenant, be sure to check out some of our recent coverage provided at the following links:
- ‘Carol’ Leads 2016 Golden Globe Nominations; ‘Mad Max’ Scores Picture, Director Nods
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ and ‘Jurassic World’ Among Shortlist for 2016 VFX Oscar
- ‘The Revenant’ Review: Visceral & Unrelenting Yet Surprisingly Uplifting
- ‘The Revenant’ TV Spot Reveals Leonardo Dicaprio Fighting for Survival
- ‘The Revenant’: First Reactions Hit for Leonardo DiCaprio’s Survival Drama
- ‘The Revenant’: DiCaprio and Hardy Loom Large in Two New Posters