By now you’ve surely watched (and re-watched) the new trailer for Michael Bay’s Transformers: Age of Extinction, so we thought we’d take this opportunity to tease a series of set visit articles we have coming up later this year. During an action-packed visit to the film’s Detroit set, a small group of journalists had a chance to interview the energetic Bay along with the film’s star, Mark Wahlberg. And that’s only just scratching the surface of what’s to come!
Also starring Nicola Peltz, Jack Reynor, Kelsey Grammer, Stanley Tucci, T.J. Miller, Titus Welliver, Han Geng, Sophia Myles, and Li Bingbing, Transformers: Age of Extinction opens June 27th. Hit the jump for our set visit preview.
While I can’t divulge too much information about what actually went on during our set visit (Paramount has threatened to send a Decepticon to trash our computers if we do), I can tell you what’s coming up in a few weeks. The movie opens in late June, so you can expect to check our the set visit sometime this spring. What I can also tell you is, if you’re a fan of Bay’s previous work in the series, then this film is sure to be right up your alley.
Here’s a look at what we’ve got coming up in our Transformers: Age of Extinction set visit report:
- “Things to Know” about the film.
- A wide-ranging interview with Michael Bay and an on-set interview with Mark Wahlberg
- Interviews with veteran producers Ian Bryce and Lorenzo di Bonaventura
- An interview with the up-and-comers and new faces of the franchise Jack Reynor and Nicola Peltz
- An interview with the legendary Stanley Tucci and Sophia Myles
- Behind-the-scenes interviews with stunt coordinator Mike Gunther, set decorator Rosemary Brandenburg, VFX supervisor Scott Ferrar, and transportation coordinator Randy Peters, who’s responsible for much more than keeping the hero cars bright and shiny.
I’ll leave you with two final teases: Firstly, even though we got to sit behind the wheels of vehicles worth more than I’ve made in a lifetime, my personal favorite was a hero vehicle that opts for brute force over blazing speed. As for the second, you should know that no one tells a story, deals with crowds, or blows things up quite like Michael Bay. Be sure to tune in when we post the full set visit for Transformers: Age of Extinction.
Click here to catch up on all of our Transformers: Age of Extinction coverage or peruse the recent links below:
- New Trailer for TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Starring Mark Wahlberg
- New TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Character Posters Reveal Nicola Peltz and Jack Reynor; Plus Watch the Title Sequence
- New Poster for TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Features Mark Wahlberg Wielding a Swordgun
- New Posters for TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Features Optimus Prime, Plus a New Viral Site!