The Tuesday TV Ratings for March 31st are in; here are some of the highlights:
- It was not a good night for series premieres. Part One of CBS’s The Dovekeepers at 9 p.m. scored a lowly 1.0 in the key 18-49 demographic, although a not terrible 8.99 million viewers (helping CBS tie with ABC in the adult demo, and win outright with viewers overall).
- But Dovekeepers was practically a juggernaut compared to Fox’s Weird Loners at 9:30 p.m. (read Chris’ review here), which drew a 0.7 rating and 1.92 million viewers. Yikes!
- Back to our regularly scheduled programming, Fresh Off the Boat slid to a series low of 1.9 (down 7 percent) and 8.37 million viewers on ABC at 8 p.m.
- CBS’s NCIS won the 8 p.m. hour with a 2.1 rating and 16.33 million viewers, which was also a series low for that show (there’s a pattern forming here …)
Another great episode of The Flash on the CW at 8 p.m. matched last week’s 1.2 rating and 3.5 million viewers, while iZombie at 9 p.m. also stayed steady with a 0.7 rating and 1.9 million viewers.
- Though down 7 percent from last week, NBC’s Undateable came out on top at 9 p.m. with a 1.4 rating and 5.05 million viewers. ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was nipping at its heels, though, with a 1.4 rating and 4.17 million viewers.
- New Girl, also at 9 p.m., was down to a series low 1.0 and 2.32 million viewers on Fox, although it’s not in danger — the show was just renewed for its fifth season.
- Elsewhere on the dial, One Big Happy matched last week’s 1.2 rating and 3.98 viewers on NBC at 9:30, while ABC’s Forever bumped up 11 percent from its series low last week to a 1.0 and 4.53 million viewers at 10 p.m.