With director Andrew Stanton’s Finding Nemo sequel, Finding Dory, arriving in theaters this weekend, a few days ago I got to sit down with Ty Burrell and Kaitlin Olson, who voice the whales Bailey and Destiny, respectively. During my exclusive video interview, they talked about memorable moments from the recording process, their reaction to the finished film, how their characters changed during production, and more.
As most of you know, the sequel finds Dory (DeGeneres) setting out on an adventure to discover answers about her past. Marlin (Albert Brooks) and Nemo (newcomer Hayden Rolence) are back along with Bob Peterson as Mr. Ray and Stanton himself as Crush the super-chill sea turtle. New additions include Dory’s fish parents, Charlie and Jenny (voiced by Eugene Levy and Diane Keaton); a beluga whale named Bailey (Ty Burrell); a whale shark called Destiny (Kaitlin Olson); and the curmudgeonly octopus, Hank (Ed O’Neill).
Check out what they had to say in the video above and for more on Finding Dory, click on the links below.
- ‘Finding Dory’ Review: A Memorable Swim
- Pixar CTO Steve May on ‘Finding Dory’ and the New RenderMan Software
- ‘Finding Dory’ Easter Eggs: Here’s How a Fan Theory Led to Two ‘Die Hard’ References
- ‘Finding Dory’: 25 Things to Know About Pixar’s Highly Anticipated Sequel
- ‘Finding Dory’ Director Andrew Stanton and Producer Lindsey Collins Reveal How the Sequel Got Made