The Wednesday TV ratings for April 8th are in; here are some of the highlights:
- At 8 p.m., CBS’s Survivor helped bolster CBS to a win both in the key 18-49 ratings demographic and with viewers overall, by notching a 2.3 rating and 9.58 million viewers.
- Nipping at its heels, though, was The Voice on NBC, which pulled in a 2.1 rating and 9.54 million viewers
- ABC’s The Middle came in third for the hour with a 1.8 rating and 7.19 million viewers, which beat American Idol‘s lousy 1.4 rating and 6.52 million viewers on Fox — down three tenths from last week.
Overall, ABC comedies didn’t fare particularly well. With Modern Family airing a rerun, The Goldbergs was down a tenth to a 1.9 rating and 6.46 million viewers at 8:30 p.m, while black-ish at 9:30 p.m. tied its series low of a 1.1 rating and 6.06 million viewers.
- CBS’s Criminal Minds at 9 p.m. notched a 2.0 rating and 10.08 million viewers, with NBC’s Law and Order: SVU ticked up a tenth in second place to a 1.8 rating and 7.31 million viewers.
- At 10 p.m., Chicago P.D. won its timeslot for NBC, though was a down a tenth to a 1.5 rating and 6.76 million viewers, while in second place, CSI: Cyber stayed steady with a 1.4 rating and 8.06 million viewers.
- Nashville, though, found a new series low on ABC, with a 1.1 rating and 4.67 million viewers.