The weekly TV ratings covering Sunday, June 14th through Thursday, June 18th are in; here are some of the highlights:
- Let’s start with some specialty stats: the tumultuous, much-talked-about Season 5 finale of Game of Thrones took in some 8.1 million to grab a 4.1 in the prime demo, the best the non-cable show has done to date. For more on this, check out Adam’s piece on the finale here.
- No matter how thrilling the final episode of Season 5 was, however, the NBA final’s Game 5 on ABC mopped the floor with the fantasy series, cleaning up with 20.5 million viewers and a major 7.6 in the demos. Pro tip: inflated balls always outweigh Valyrian steel.
NBC saw a slight uptick in viewers on American Odyssey, up a tenth from last week’s 0.5 to this week’s 0.6, while A.D.: The Bible Continues held steady at a series low of 0.7.
- Monday saw the Stanley Cup Final on NBC taking the night with a 2.6 in the demos, with ABC’s The Bachelorette taking a close second with 1.8, matching last week’s numbers precisely.
- Elsewhere on ABC, The Whispers saw a slight drop-off from last week’s episode, registering an admirable 0.9 down from 1.0 in the demos last week.
- Game 6 of the NBA Finals dominated Tuesday night with 7.2 in the 18-49 demographic, with NBC trailing far behind with America’s Got Talent at a 2.2 in the demos and FOX’s coverage of FIFA Women’s World Cup coming in at a solid third with 1.7.
- NBC’s I Can Do That saw a sizable drop in the demos, however, down three-tenths from last week’s 1.6 to this Tuesday’s 1.3.
Wednesday was particularly rough, with FOX’s Masterchef and Bullseye matching their previous numbers (1.5 and 1.0, respectively), CBS’s The Briefcase down one tenth from last week’s 1.0 with a 0.9, and ABC’s Celebrity Wife Swap down four tenths from last week’s 1.2 to 0.8.
- Despite having nothing but reruns, CBS won out Thursday, while NBC’s decadent Hannibal remained at a series low of 0.5 in the demos, which could be contributed to the show’s shirking of its more procedural elements this season.
- ABC scored a 1.1 in the demos for the premiere of The Astronaut Wives Club, with Mistresses latest premiere hitting a 0.9, down three tenths from its previous premiere last summer at 1.2.
- NBC’s Dateline saw a slight uptick from last week’s 1.2 to 1.3, whereas the slog-like Aquarius dropped from last week’s 0.8 to 0.7, both of which did better than FOX’s coverage of the U.S. Open, which scored a 0.6, and The CW’s Beauty and the Beast which matched last week’s meager season premiere with 0.3 in the 18-49 demographic.