The weekly TV ratings for Sunday, July 19th through Thursday, July 23rd are in (daily TV ratings are on hiatus through the summer); here are some of the highlights:
- On Sunday, the second season premiere of Greg Poehler’s (very underrated) Welcome to Sweden debuted at 8 p.m. to series low numbers: a 0.3 rating and 1.17 million viewers, down 67 percent from last year’s season premiere (eeps!) But NBC doesn’t really care, since the show is already produced and has aired in Sweden.
- BattleBots rose a tenth to a 1.3 rating and 4.48 million viewers at 9 p.m. for ABC, but its real winner was the popular Celebrity Family Feud at 8 p.m., which brought in a 2.0 rating and 8.73 million viewers.
- And sticking with ABC, the premiere of Save My Life: Boston Trauma premiered at 10 p.m. to a not-great 0.8 rating and 3.47 million viewers (down a tenth from last summer’s NY Med premiere).
Monday night, The Whispers stayed steady with a 0.9 rating and 3.43 million viewers at 10 p.m. for NBC, while the CW’s Cedric’s Barber Battle continues to find new lows at 9:30 p.m. with a 0.2 rating and 0.78 million viewers.
- On Tuesday, America’s Got Talent on NBC was down to a season low 2.3 rating and 10.33 million viewers at 8 p.m., while Zoo on CBS at 9 p.m. stayed steady with a 1.0 rating and 6.62 million viewers. Extreme Weight Loss dropped an (extreme?) 25 percent to a 0.6 rating and 2.29 million viewers on ABC at 9 p.m.
- The premiere of Knock Knock Live (truly no idea what this is) premiered on Fox at 9 p.m. to a paltry 0.5 rating and 1.72 million viewers — down 38 percent from the premiere of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? in that same slot.
- Extant’s move from its 10 p.m. slot to 9 p.m. on CBS Wednesdays helped it tick up a tenth from last week’s series low to a 0.7 rating and 4.3 million viewers. But, it still came in fourth place, while the season premiere of Last Comic Standing on NBC won the hour with a 1.5 rating and 6 million viewers.
- On Thursday, the yawn-worthy Astronaut Wives Club dipped three tenths to a series low 0.6 rating and 3.83 million viewers at 8 p.m. on ABC. Fox’s Boom! also dropped to a 0.6 and 2.16 million viewers in the same time period.
- The CW’s Beauty and the Beast tied its series low also at 8 p.m. with a 0.2 rating and 0.99 million viewers, down three tenths from last week.
- The finale of Wayward Pines on Fox at 9 p.m. tired its series high 1.2 rating and 3.91 million viewers, bouncing back from last week’s series low.
- Under the Dome on CBS also saw a positive trajectory, ticking up a tenth from last week’s series low to a 1.0 rating and 4.64 million viewers at 10 p.m.